CHICKEN a’ La KING
I could not find the Paarman White Sauce Powder so I did make my own but will definately keep an eye out for it!
If you see it around #PMB , please let me know
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 chicken breast fillets, each cut across the grain into 5-6 slices or 400g whole mini fillets
- Ina Paarman’s Chicken Spice
- 1 T (15ml) butter
- 2 T (30ml) olive or canola oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced -Mushrooms and Peppers were from my Monthly Delivery – Country Hampers
- 2 T (30ml) Ina Paarman’s White Sauce Powder
- 1 cup (250ml) full cream milk
- 1 x 25g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- I also sprinkled my #BoneBroth from The Harvest Table into the meal!
- I added green peppers also from Country Hampers
Lightly season chicken with Chicken Spice.
Heat butter and oil in a frying pan and add chicken, cooking on both sides until just lightly browned.
Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry with chicken for 1 minute, just to develop the flavour.
Mix the White Sauce Powder with a little milk to form a slurry then add it, with the rest of the milk and the of Liquid Chicken Stock, to the cooked chicken. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
Serve with rice or tagliatelle noodles and a salad.